|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
A quick white chilli recipe with chicken and cannellini beans. You can use other beans too if you like, and you can also use tinned, frozen, or fresh sweetcorn. The amounts aren't that important.
- 500g chicken breast
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 fresh jalapeño chilli
- 200g pickled jalapeño slices
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 800g cannellini beans (tinned)
- 200g sweetcorn kernels
- 150ml sour cream
- Coriander, cheese, and tortilla chips for garnish
- Dice the onion, then finely chop the fresh jalapeño. Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large pot, then add the onion and jalapeño. Cook until soft – about 5 minutes.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pot along with the oregano and cumin. Cook for about a minute until starting to become fragrant, then add the drained jalapeño slices.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thirds (if you're using pre-cut chunks or mini-fillets then don't bother) and add to the pot along with the stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- When tender and cooked (about 10–12 minutes) transfer the chicken to a plate and shred using two forks, like pulled pork. Transfer back to the pot and add the cannellini beans and sweetcorn, then bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Use your spoon to mash about a quarter of the beans. If it's still a bit watery then leave to reduce for a little longer. Turn off the heat then add the sour cream and stir.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve in bowls garnished with coriander, cheese and some crushed tortilla chips.