|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||1 hour|
Everyone has their own approach to roast potatoes – mine is similar to Gordon Ramsay's and uses semolina. I use Rooster potatoes for pretty much everything, and they work fine for roasting.
- 1.2kg potatoes
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp semolina
- sea salt
- Heat the oven to 200℃. Add the oil to a large roasting tray and place in the oven.
- Peel the potatoes, chop into the appropriate size, and place into a pan of cold water. Rinse a couple of times, then fill with fresh water until the potatoes are just covered. Salt the water with a couple of teaspoons.
- turn on the heat and bring to the boil. After the water starts boiling, wait for five minutes then turn off the heat.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, and toss them around so they're fluffy around the edges. Sprinkle the semolina over them and toss again. Leave to steam dry for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven and carefully add the potatoes one by one. Turn each one to ensure they're coated in oil.
- Return to the oven and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Turn every 15 minutes and baste with hot oil.
- When they're done, remove from teh oven and toss with some fresh sea salt to serve.