|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||45 minutes|
More small sperical meatloafs (meatloves?) than meatballs.
- roasting tray
- wire rack
- 1000g lean minced beef
- 2 red onions
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 20 –30s cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 25g butter
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220℃
- Roughly chop the onions, then add to a food processor along with the cumin, paprika and beef and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the breadcrumbs and eggs, season with salt and pepper, then pulse until combined.
- Remove from the mixer and shape into 8 roughly spherical balls. Strip the leaves from the bottom inch of the rosemary sprigs (reserve the removed leaves), and insert one into each meatball, leaving the top sticking out.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and spread out over a large roasting tray, then chop and add the garlic. Roughly chop the remaining rosemary leaves and add to the tray. Drizzle over a little olive oil and toss.
- Place the wire rack over the roasting tray and lay the balls on top. The juice fro the meatballs will drop down during cooking, so make sure it's positioned correctly over the tray!
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through. Remove from the oven, then gently mix the tomato and garlic from the roasting tray along with a little butter to form a glossy sauce.
- Serve one ball per person with potatoes, polenta, pasta or similar, and the tomato and garlic sauce from the tray drizzled over.