|Prep time||15 minutes (plus 4 hours chilling)|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
Kind of like arancini, but with mac and cheese.
- 500g mac and cheese
- 2 eggs
- 75g panko
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Place mac and cheese into the refrigerator until firm, about 4 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, deep pan over a medium high heat.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or similar, roll macaroni and cheese into 4cm-ish balls, forming about 12.
- Working one at a time, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add balls to the oil and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with chopped chives to serve.